Happy Healthy Kids
In August, Yudi and I had the opportunity to serve a friend in his outreach project. Through his project, Ferriy brings hygiene supplies to children in orphanages in the northern villages in Bali. By providing basic packs of bathroom supplies, the kids basic health needs are taken care of and kids are able to live happy, healthy lives. In August, we joined him to bring supplies to two orphanages in Karangasem. We drove three hours into the village, once there, we were able to meet and spend time reading stories and playing with some young rascals who live in an orphanage with about 14 kids. Then we went onto another orphanage where about 20 teenagers reside. The kids were so happy to receive their hygiene gifts. It’s great seeing kids get excited having the opportunity for healthy lives.
Building Confident Kids
Many kids give up on their dreams, simply because they are not encouraged in basic skills. It breaks my heart when I see little kids saying they cannot do something because it doesn’t look like how a professional does it. Through our activities such as arts and crafts, dance, and sports days, we build confidence training in our kids. It is great when I see kids learning how to paint a robot, or draw a house or family. Sure, the walls are wonky and people have blue hair, or orange skin, but the kids did it themselves and I am so proud of them for trying.
As kids learn confidence in these basic, fun skills, they build confidence to pursue their dreams for when they are older. Because they learned how to paint, they learn how to pursue learning in other areas. They can learn to cook, or teach, or be a policeman. Even short term goals like learning how to read and do mathematics. They can.
Click the link above to read more about what has been happening in Bali Life.
- Thanks to God we have a new church community to go to, with some people from our previous church joining.
- Praise Jesus for the amazing team in the Street Centre. They do amazing work for the street kids centre and women’s workshop
- I pray God’s abundant blessings for those continuing to support me in this ministry.
- God’s wisdom as we go into ministry in our new church, that the church continues to grow and new families come to faith in Jesus.
- More work for the women’s workshop. Our mums rely on regular customer orders so they can work and support their families.
- More child-sponsors to help our children go into formal education and break the cycle of poverty in their families.